Saturday, October 3, 2009

I sometimes do get discouraged...

I recognized a while ago that it is 10 times easier for me to stretch my own mind and push harder to make it through and survive and win, in the professional or the social arena. But after two years of keeping my eyes set on the goal, on the finish line, having enough momentum to share with my husband and family, I realized that maybe I should also try another approach, especially when I expect from my husband to have the same drive as I do…

It so happens that I have some time on my hands right now. My first impulse is to get up and be productive, make some money, get up every morning and stretch myself to accomplish more, win the fight with my own comfortability and leisure.
But today I stood silent in my own presence and realized something: I believe I can be the greatest motivator and helper for my husband so he can be the confident provider for our family, for the time when I will be physically impaired due to pregnancy or early weeks of motherhood.

The past two years I have worked with amazing people and I learned every day from them. I feel so rich intellectually, socially, with a variety of office experience.

I love the financial aspects of a business. I have some theoretical knowledge about how it works in Europe, but in the end it's a sixth sense that one can develop in time, pursuing it.

I have been in charge of our budget, and with two relatively low incomes we accomplished amazing things, as if money were multiplying in our accounts by themselves. …creepy mental image.

My husband is an amazing artist, with great people skills, he just needs a partner to bounce ideas off of and believe in him. We have put together his first contract, that was just countersigned by the first, long term Client. I am so proud of him! These two years have given him direction and helped him to grow more that even he knows.

I constantly go back to what I want to accomplish on my own, how I can be independent and shine in my own way. And that time will come again. There is something about the office work that intrigues me and that i love. It got into my system after two years of having an office job. I love the consistent pay, I love the people, i like the system, because it challenges me and I can do my share to make it a better place… depending on the position I behold I guess.

And Romania here I come!
The first day of staying home I missed the office. I missed Allison and my colleagues. I kept myself busy, but I look forward to adjusting my routine, to the changes of this fourth quarter.

My prayers are very intense these days. As intense and real as the fact that I don't have an office well paid job right now. Thank God for his care and for our small but existing savings… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment